Revised date March 3, 2009
These are the terms of service for Connect Seward County (referred to as “CSC”) servers, software, web sites, email and all other services (collectively referred to as the “Services”).
Your continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement with the terms of service. If you do not agree with the terms of service, you may not use the Services. The terms of service may be updated at any time without prior notice. Check this page regularly to see the most current terms.
You agree to the following:
- Your use of the Services will be lawful, reasonable and respectful of others. For example, you will not
- utilize the Services in a way that interferes with the performance of the Services
- take action that degrades the general experience for other users.
- send spam (unsolicited bulk email) or harassing email.
- publically post material that is hateful, pornographic, indecent or offensive.
- store or transmit illegal material, such as copyrighted songs, movies or software for which you do not have permission to distribute.
- CSC is not liable for content posted on third-party sites that might be reached through links posted on the Services or for third-party content that might be quoted or otherwise referenced on the Services. CSC is not liable for content stored on or made available through the Services by any other party.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services. You are solely responsible to CSC for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of unauthorized use of your password or account, you will notify CSC immediately by one or more of the following methods: 1) using the “Contact Us” link at www.connectseward.org, 2)sending email to email@example.com, 3) calling the Seward Memorial Library.
- You are solely responsible for (and CSC has no responsibility to you or anyone else for) your use of the Services, for any content that you store on or transmit through the Services, for any breach of obligation under these terms and for the consequences of any such breach, including any loss or damage which CSC may suffer.
- Your use of the Services is “As Is”, “As Available” and “At Your Own Risk”. There is no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or that the Services will be reliable, uninterrupted, timely, secure, free from error or that they will perform as described. There is no warranty that defects in operation or functionality will be corrected. CSC further expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind. Any advice or information obtained from CSC or its Services shall not create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.
- You will maintain copies or backups of content you desire to preserve at a location other than the Services so that you can recover or restore the content in the event that the original content is removed or otherwise unavailable. CSC has no obligation to backup or restore content.
- You will not sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose or attempt to access the Services through any other means than those provided by CSC.
- CSC has the right (but no obligation) to review, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all content on the Services. CSC may stop (temporarily or permanently) providing the Services or any features in the Services to you or to users generally at CSC’s sole discretion, without prior notice. If CSC disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any content stored on your account.
- CSC, the Board of Directors and any other affiliates or associates of CSC, individually or collectively, shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental or any other type of damages which may be incurred by you. This shall include, but not be limited to, any loss of profit, goodwill, reputation or data or any costs or other intangible loss. The limitations on CSC’s liability to you shall apply whether or not CSC has been advised or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
- If there is any question concerning the interpretation or application of these terms or any dispute involving the terms, you shall submit it to the Board of Directors of CSC for a determination, and their decision shall be final in all matters. These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nebraska. You and CSC agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Seward County, Nebraska to resolve any legal matter arising from the terms. You also agree that CSC shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive and similar remedies in any jurisdiction. If any portion of these terms is deemed unenforceable under the law, the remaining portion of the terms shall continue in full effect.